Support Us!
KeyWallet Team tries its best to bring out a new version. Currently we did not decide if this new version should be a donationware or shareware. Please donate even $1 to help us in our decision. We are also eager to keep KeyWallet a free independent product.

Contact
You can also contact us by e-mail. But please use our community forums to communicate with us. We get a lot of mails with the same question.

Regarding the Windows XP compatibility please read the following forum posting

Who's Online
There are currently, 10 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Moderated By: cool
KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index » » Program Features » » Mini Portable Diskette Version

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index
Author Mini Portable Diskette Version
chasshoo

Posted: 2001-12-20 23:03

What I would absolutely love is a small footprint version that would run (self-contained) from a diskette so that I could use KeyWallet at the library, while using other people's machines, etc. [Now, I would have to install KeyWallet and bring my data file with me on diskette.]

--Charlie

Profile  Quote
Donatello

Posted: 2001-12-21 19:18

I second that chasshoo. To be portable, diskette or web, just adds the usefulness.
This would include the temporary disabling of the AutoComplete setting that the remote browser may have for remembering logins and passwords.

Profile  Quote
bill3

Posted: 2001-12-28 00:36

The KeyWallet download is just about small enough now to fit on a floppy isn't it? Then it depends on the size of your .kwo file...

However, this sounds like a cool idea.

Profile  Quote
MadRaven

Posted: 2001-12-28 12:30

I too would like to backup my passwords to a CD. It would be nice to be able to copy the program to the CD, and when inserting this, an autorun feature would pop up asking for the password. The program would run self- contained.

You could go to work, put it in the drive, work with it, then take it out and go home without any worries about who might want to crack your passwords while you are not there!

MadRaven®

Profile  Quote
jchristl

Posted: 2002-01-02 16:51

eeh... what's the real point? If you are travelling somewhere, why not just d-load it from where ever you are, and then import your keys? Or cut it onto a CD (or have a friend do it).

besides, it seems like floppies are always going bad anyway.

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2002-01-09 05:32

I have to disappoint all, who would like to have KW on a floppy disk! This is not good!
1. As jchristl stated floppies get damaged with the time.
2. KeyWallet DLLs must be in a folder where the system variable Path is set (e.g. Windows folder, System32 folder etc.)
3. Are you really going to have a floppy disk all the time in your drive when you run KW?
4. You can place your KWO file on the floppy disk, but that would only work on a particular system and the floppy must be inserted as long as you are going to change smth in KW.

I hope you understand our points. KW download is not as big, that you can't download it.

Good Luck,

-----------------

[ This message was edited by: cool on 2002-01-09 05:34 ]

Profile  www   Add Quote
cathelest

Posted: 2002-04-29 09:02

Although It Seems To Be A Great Idea To Make Keywallet A Portable Program, Its Not Feasable. Floppys Are Rather Obselete Now And No One Uses Zip's. Cd's Are Out Of The Question "Tell Me, Are You Gona Burn A New Cd Every Time You Ad A New Key?" I Dont Think So. Auto Run Programs Can Be Made To Automaticly Copy The Needed Files To Your System And System32 Folder But Keywallet Cant Do This As

1. Its A Security Breach
2. Its Possible But Unfeasable.
3. Copying Files To Your System Folders Can Cause Data Lose And Malfunctions!

Great Dream But It Can Only Be A Dream!

Cathelest
Msn = ozzi_ben10@hotmail.com
Yahoo = Cathelest
Aol = mloclamau
Url = www.geocities.com/mloclamau (Content May Be Unsuitable For Some People.)

[ This message was edited by: cathelest on 2002-04-29 09:11 ]

Profile  www  Quote

Jump To:
Copyright 1997-2004 KeyWallet GbR. All rights reserved.