Support Us!
KeyWallet Team tries its best to bring out a new version. Currently we did not decide if this new version should be a donationware or shareware. Please donate even $1 to help us in our decision. We are also eager to keep KeyWallet a free independent product.

Contact
You can also contact us by e-mail. But please use our community forums to communicate with us. We get a lot of mails with the same question.

Regarding the Windows XP compatibility please read the following forum posting

Who's Online
There are currently, 70 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Moderated By: cool
KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index Program Features duplicate keys

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index
Author duplicate keys
bill3

Posted: 2001-08-04 02:32

Make it possible to copy and paste keys inside KW, or make duplicates. Some sites I log into with numerous accounts. It would save a lot of time if I could duplicate the whole key and make changes instead of entering all the data from scratch.

Someone mentioned making categories...along these lines maybe you could have a master key for sites, and then sub keys for that master key. Gator does something like this. They give you a dropdown list with all your accounts for that site.

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2001-09-06 05:29

I miss the feature of copying and pasting of keys too. But I don't think that would be transparent to the users to have a master key and some subkeys... And how do you suggest to enter this subkeys? In the KeyWallet a key is component that enters some data. Should it be so, that you drag a key, and after then you get a popup window where you can select a tail that should be appended to that master key? I don't think that it's a good idea... That would make KW not so flexible as it is.

-----------------

Profile  www   Add Quote
bill3

Posted: 2001-09-07 02:25

For sub-keys maybe you could relate them via the linked URL? For example, all Yahoo passwords could be under yahoo.com...

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2001-09-07 05:04

I think the better way would be to let user organize the keys. It can be that there is only one yahoo.com key and for that key KW should not make a folder that will contain it.

I think user should do it manually. This way he can organize the keys like My Mail Keys or My Bank Accounts, etc.

I think this is a better way and much easier to implement.

-----------------

Profile  www   Add Quote
Matko97

Posted: 2001-11-19 06:36

KW is simple tool which help us to live easier, not fatware, which you need to use through the whole day and which wastes the space by allowing functions usable for just few users around the globe.
So, I think, there are strict borders of complexity of this nice piece of SW which should not be overcome. This is the reason why I am against subkeys - if there are some users with so many keys, that it is hard for them to find the right one, than ok - folders should be absolutely enough.
---
Duplication/copying of keys is another story, definitely I will welcome this feature in the future.

Profile  Quote
nsnd

Posted: 2003-07-11 09:39

Yes, Grouping Folders Feature wanted here too!!

Yes, Copy and Paste or Duplicate Keys wanted here too!!

Profile  www  Quote
nsnd

Posted: 2003-08-29 10:13

Is there any CHANCE this might happen?

I have need of this very badly.

Profile  www  Quote
pcbob

Posted: 2003-09-30 00:52

You can drag and drop single fields from keys on to form fields.

For example, suppose you have a key named "Master" that contains the following:

First name: John
Last name: Doe
Full name: John Doe

Any one of those key fields can be dragged and drop on a field in a web form the fill in the relevant value.

Profile  Quote

Jump To:
Copyright 1997-2004 KeyWallet GbR. All rights reserved.