Support Us!
KeyWallet Team tries its best to bring out a new version. Currently we did not decide if this new version should be a donationware or shareware. Please donate even $1 to help us in our decision. We are also eager to keep KeyWallet a free independent product.

Contact
You can also contact us by e-mail. But please use our community forums to communicate with us. We get a lot of mails with the same question.

Regarding the Windows XP compatibility please read the following forum posting

Who's Online
There are currently, 10 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Moderated By: cool
KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index Program Features Apply PW to a Programm

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index
Author Apply PW to a Programm
Eddie

Posted: 2001-08-01 02:44

Hi to all,

First of all - thanks to KeyWallet.com for this nice little tool. It's very helpful for my work.

Here my Question to my Problem:
Can I - instead of starting the Browser with a URL - start a Programm that needs a PW to come up?

Thanks for your time

Eddie

[ This message was edited by: Eddie on 2001-08-01 02:45 ]

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2001-08-13 08:04

Hi!
This feature was not directly implemented, but you can run the program using the url convention for the file, i.e. file:///... The problem is, that you will get a standard browser save dialog, where you have to select the run program option box and hit the OK button.
Here is an example of the file url:

file:///C:/Some%20Location/program.exe
Please notice that you have to replace the whitespaces with %20. This is the HTTP code for the whitespace.

Another thing I am not sure about, is how it will behave with the download manager installed on you system (like Gozilla). I think that download manager replaces this dialog and what happens then, I can't tell you...

-----------------

Profile  www   Add Quote
Eddie

Posted: 2001-09-05 13:20

Doing acording your Note (with 'file:///...) it will go to the Browser and try to 'open' the .EXE file.
But, what I'm looking for is, to Start a .exe file that is asking me a PW to insert before opening.

Any Idea? Thanks for your help.

Eddie

Profile  Quote

Jump To:
Copyright 1997-2004 KeyWallet GbR. All rights reserved.