Support Us!
KeyWallet Team tries its best to bring out a new version. Currently we did not decide if this new version should be a donationware or shareware. Please donate even $1 to help us in our decision. We are also eager to keep KeyWallet a free independent product.

Contact
You can also contact us by e-mail. But please use our community forums to communicate with us. We get a lot of mails with the same question.

Regarding the Windows XP compatibility please read the following forum posting

Who's Online
There are currently, 10 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Moderated By: cool
KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index Program Features Next Release...

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index
Author Next Release...
cool

Posted: 2001-07-12 06:19

Hi Everybody!

We got a lot of feature requests for the next release. Please write us, when do you expect to see the next KeyWallet release.

Ovanes Markarian
KeyWallet Team

Profile  www   Add Quote
Humminbird

Posted: 2001-07-14 20:28

I would gladly see a new version as soon as possible, but more realistic would be in late summer or early autumn. Before anything else, have a good vacation.

Best regards,
Humminbird

Profile  Quote
weaselkeeper

Posted: 2001-07-15 09:28

When do I expect the next KW release? How about when your finished with it. How's that for pressure?

-----------------

Profile  Quote
Loren

Posted: 2001-08-08 11:18

Only just started using it so won't be deleting it if there are no quick updates.
I think about an update about every 6 months (assuming there are valid things to update not just adding something for the sake of it - ending up with bloatware) is good. Very frequent updates to a working program without major flaws is more of a pain.
....Loren...

Profile  Quote
KnightWolfJK

Posted: 2001-08-10 11:32

I agree with Loren, every 6 months sounds about right (as long as you avoid the bloatware). While I'm thinking about it, can you guys promise to NEVER EVER include ads in KeyWallet? I use Outlook Express and AIM and that crap REALLY PISSES ME OFF! So there!! *hahaha* *gets down off his soapbox*

I think an update every 6 months would: 1)keep "KeyWallet" on people's PC's 2)be infrequent enough to not annoy everyone.

Cheers,

Profile  www   Add Quote
Loren

Posted: 2001-08-15 07:58

Just to touch on the issue of ads.

I would similarly hate to see ads included, however recognise improving and supporting a program like KW and maintaining the website can involve time and expense. As KW stands presently I consider it is of value to me, therefore in fairness cannot demand it always be available, upgraded or supported for free.

If you go down the road of a fee in the future please be mindful that exchange rates can have a huge impact upon the relative cost in different countries, making an amount that seems reasonable on the surface seem too expensive in another country.

Does anyone else have a creative way to provide some value back to the authors?

....Loren

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2001-08-15 13:22

Hi Loren!

I would hate to make KeyWallet a shareware or something like that. I don't believe in this concept. I saw a lot of software cracked by others and I don't know any secure method of protecting the trialware. I don't like the banner ads, because users become suspicious.

I believe there are some other fair concepts to earn money. For example to sell branded setups for the companies with their own skins. I think eBay or any other mega corp would like to distribute a setup and a skin to their users. Imagine that eBay users get their KeyWallet with eBay skin that contains the eBay URL button as logo. If they don't like it they can install a usual KeyWallet skin. I think this program is pretty the same as WinAmp. How does WinAmp do their money, despite AOL bought them? Thus we hope to grow a strong community that will visit our website and we will earn the money from the banner ads on the website.

Ovanes Markarian,
KeyWallet Co-Founder

[ This message was edited by: cool on 2001-08-15 13:24 ]

Profile  www   Add Quote
smo

Posted: 2001-10-03 14:22

I just downloaded your program a few days ago and wanted to let you know I use it extensively now. Its exactly what I've been looking for.

I'd like to see enhancements/releases a few times a year.

I'd also like to see more skin samples; the only one I use is the default.

Profile  Quote
Nitehawk

Posted: 2002-01-06 00:36

hi everybody, i am a new user of keywallet. it's a great tool. thanks cool and others for creating it.

now, cool, you mentioned that you don't want to make it shareware or the like. i'd appreciate that. but i also think that KW deserves to be a donation-ware. i see Dyndns.org doing this for its DNS service and it's quite a success.

Nitehawk

Profile  Quote
G_Spot

Posted: 2002-12-23 19:04

You asked when we would like to see an update on 2001-07-12. I think by now (2002-12-24 it is in London anyway) would be good.

With regard to selling it, I would not have loaded it if it wasn't free. I always look on downloads.com and select the free licence option. You need to let people try it before they buy it as there are pleanty of othere free alternatives. I recon that it is only worth no more than 10GBP (about 16USD or 15 EURO).

P.S. Merry Christmas All

[ This message was edited by: G_Spot on 2002-12-23 19:05 ]

Profile  www   Add Quote

Jump To:
Copyright 1997-2004 KeyWallet GbR. All rights reserved.