Support Us!
KeyWallet Team tries its best to bring out a new version. Currently we did not decide if this new version should be a donationware or shareware. Please donate even $1 to help us in our decision. We are also eager to keep KeyWallet a free independent product.

Contact
You can also contact us by e-mail. But please use our community forums to communicate with us. We get a lot of mails with the same question.

Regarding the Windows XP compatibility please read the following forum posting

Who's Online
There are currently, 10 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Moderated By: cool
KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index Program Features More Automation

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager Forum Index
Author More Automation
rjbind

Posted: 2001-06-24 03:58

Is it possible to have more automation in KeyWallet? Specifically:

1 - Auto remember passwords as they are typed in. I know that there is currently a way to assign keystrokes now, but if one is not careful, you have to still edit the logins.

2 - Auto popup when a url is visited that has a recorded login.

3 - Auto fill in login information rather than drag and drop method.

I got these ideas from using gator, and wish they could be included in KeyWallet, because I believe KeyWallet to be a much more user friendley program than is gator.

Profile  Quote
cool

Posted: 2001-06-24 07:09

Hi!

Thanks for the submission. We are thinking about the "more automation" in KeyWallet. For sure it will not stay so as it is now. One possible feature would be to record the mouse clicks as the next field command.
About the auto popup, well, I don't know... A lot of my friends told me that they don't like the Gator's popup feature. But we will research on how we can make it better then Gator.
I don't think that we can do this auto fill in in the next version. Gator uses browser dependent helper, that are loaded into the browser process. We don't like it, because of the lower security, i.e. nobody could trace what data KeyWallet sends and what not, because this kind of a helper object could use the browser process to send data to our server. The other reason is, that KeyWallet would not work with every browser. In this case we had to write for every browser (IE, Netscape, Opera, ...) an own helper object and that is not so good.
I can promise you only one, we found out, how to make KeyWallet browser independent and we will find out how to make the tasks more easier in KeyWallet.

Ovanes
KeyWallet Team

Profile  www   Add Quote
weaselkeeper

Posted: 2001-07-15 11:04

I would hate to see KW turned into GATOR. KW is everything that GATOR is not. Auto fill-in of login. O.K. I'll bend on this one, if there is a way that it can be done, I would not mind it as long as it is done in the same manner as it is now and not a auto pop-up. I am not in favor of auto pop-up at all. Besides, you have a favorites list built into KW when you create net keys. That's one of the things I love about KW. GATOR never did that and still doesn't to my knowledge. Auto remember passwords as they are typed in? Can't say as I'm really in favor of this either, mostly for security reasons. I can tell you how I handle it though. When I'm at a site sign-up/registration page, I pull up KW and make a new key by inputting my User ID ( or whatever ) and Password, right then and there, then I save it. (I wait till later to fill in the net key and advanced functions.) I then use the info in my NEW key to input the required info into the proper boxes. That way I know for sure that the info I have input and the info in KW match, positively. Sorry to be a pain, but that is my opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right, but then, my wife say's I never am. God Bless .

weaselkeeper

Profile  Quote
Loren

Posted: 2001-08-08 11:04

I agree with you weaselkeeper.

1. Hate the auto pop up of Gator. Sometimes it's good, other times annoying as hell.
2. Browser integration from experience tends to limit usefulness (not everyone uses IE & Netscape) and results in increased instability of program.

.......Loren

Profile  Quote
KnightWolfJK

Posted: 2001-08-10 11:36

I agree as well, NO AUTO POPUP! Every time I sit down at a new computer, I pull up IE's options and turn off AutoComplete to make sure that the thing isn't saving my logins and passwords and personal info. I'd hate to have to worry that KW is doing that. I know, KW is password-protected, but some things I just want to have control over.

Cheers,

Profile  www   Add Quote
kkjaved

Posted: 2003-06-24 19:26

I like rjbind's suggestions, but i can understand from what cool posted that those features may not all be possible. Maybe a pop-up feature could be made possible under "preferences?" Or better yet, if we could just hit the "globe" on keywallet with the information automatically put in, that would be even better, I think. This point was suggested by other posters as well.

Profile  Quote

Jump To:
Copyright 1997-2004 KeyWallet GbR. All rights reserved.